This free online course by the University of Aberdeen in the UK will assess progress made to date in the achievement of the UN Millennium Development Goals and will provide information from key people in international development to discuss whether the proposed UN post-2015 sustainable development agenda can be achieved in sub-Saharan Africa. ￼￼ The course is designed for anyone with a passion for humanity, human rights and sustainable development. You will learn to think critically and communicate effectively about development stories, past, present and future.
The course covers:
- the key concepts in sustainable development;
- the historical background and current context;
- the organisations involved in development and how they have changed over time;
- how development data are constructed, and the strengths and limitations of different types of evidence;
- who has been counted in development data, how robust the data are and who is missing from data sets.